Thurs. preview: Mitt Romney and Ann Romney interview
(CBS News) In an interview to air Thursday on "CBS This Morning," presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said the individual mandate in President Obama's health care law, which was upheld by the Supreme Court last week, is "a tax."
Romney and his wife Ann Romney spoke to CBS News Chief legal and political correspondent Jan Crawford.
The remark contradicts what his campaign asserted Monday, when senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom said Romney believes the mandate is a "penalty," not a tax.
During the interview with Crawford, Ann Romney also shared her advice on picking a vice president.
For all that and more, watch the full interview Thursday on "CBS This Morning," 7-9 a.m. ET.
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Fluffy cows go viral
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Mobster opens up on coming forward about Jimmy Hoffa
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Consumer Reports reveals rankings for mobile devices
- Top mobile devices, according to Consumer Reports
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Fodor's reveals best summer weekend getaways
- Barbra Streisand speaks out on treatment of women in Israel
- Mad Libs keep people laughing after six decades
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Obesity a disease, says American Medical Association