Bubba Watson: Tiger Woods "back for sure"
(CBS News) Golfer and Masters champion Bubba Watson said Tiger Woods is "back for sure" on Tuesday.
"He just hasn't won a major, but he's playing pretty good and he's going to be back," Watson said "CBS This Morning."
Woods' game suffered in the months following his highly public divorce from former Swedish model Elin Nordegren in 2010. Many critics wondered if the 14-time major championship winner would regain his footing in the sport. His victory in June at the Memorial in Dublin, Ohio, seemed to put naysayers to rest for a time, but his disappointing U.S. Open showing has people talking again about Woods' confidence on the course.Watson wears green jacket, hears on his sleeve
Photos: Elin Nordegren
Watson, who won the Masters this year has no doubt Woods will win another major. "He's definitely going to win again," Watson said.
Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major victories may be with Woods' reach. Watson said, "You know, if he stays healthy, I think for sure, you know, because he's still got 10 years to get to where Jack was. So, he's got 10 years to produce four more victories."
But don't count Watson out. The rising star has had a very busy year, winning the Masters in April. He also played in the U.S. Open last week. And this weekend, Watson returns to the scene of his first PGA tour win, the Travelers Championship.
On "CTM" Watson discussed his recent disappointment at the U.S. Open - he said "the golf course beat him" - his family and who the rising stars of golf may be. For all that and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Self-published Colleen Hoover talks living the American dream
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- John Fogerty: CCR reunion a possibility
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Hobson: Yahoo buys itself some "cool" with Tumblr deal
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- World War II graduates go to prom 70 years later
- X Games star invents game-changing prosthetic joints
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Canadian jazz singer botches U.S. national anthem
- The Doors drummer talks Jim Morrison's legacy
- Hot air balloon accident kills tourist in Turkey
- Accused American spy in Russia: What was he really doing there?
- Eye Opener: Tornadoes tear through 5 states