Prince Philip out of hospital, day before birthday
(CBS/AP) LONDON Britain's Prince Philip has left hospital in time to celebrate his 91st birthday.
The husband of Queen Elizabeth II thanked staff at London's King Edward VII Hospital Saturday after spending five days there for treatment of what Buckingham Palace said was a bladder infection.
Philip got into the front passenger seat of a Land Rover before being whisked off under police escort.
He nodded when reporters shouted out questions about whether he was feeling better.
Philip turns 91 on Sunday.Complete coverage: Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee
His wife recently celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, marking 60 years on the throne. He missed some of the four-day weekend during which the Jubilee was celebrated by Britons.
To see a report on this by "CBS This Morning: Saturday" co-host Rebecca jarvis, click on the video in the player above.
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Self-published Colleen Hoover talks living the American dream
- John Fogerty: CCR reunion a possibility
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- The Doors drummer talks Jim Morrison's legacy
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- X Games star invents game-changing prosthetic joints
- Accused American spy in Russia: What was he really doing there?
- Canadian jazz singer botches U.S. national anthem
- Hobson: Yahoo buys itself some "cool" with Tumblr deal
- Hot air balloon accident kills tourist in Turkey
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- World War II graduates go to prom 70 years later
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success