Watch: Customer's kick thwarts 7-Eleven robber
A still from the surveillance video of the customer kicking the knife from the robber's hand at an Orlando 7-Eleven store. (CBS/WFTV)
(CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - Authorities say a quick-thinking customer kicked a knife out of a robber's hands and chased him out of an Orlando convenience store.
The Good Samaritan's actions helped thwart a robbery at a south Orlando 7-Eleven early Thursday. But police say the suspect got away with some cash, CBS News affiliate station WKMG reports.
Surveillance video showed a man with a white bandana covering his face pointing the knife at the clerk and demanding cash.
That's when the customer grabbed a bottle of wine off the shelf and confronted the robber.
Police say other customers were inside the store at the time of the robbery. No one was injured.
It was not immediately known how much cash was stolen.
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Fluffy cows go viral
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Mobster opens up on coming forward about Jimmy Hoffa
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Consumer Reports reveals rankings for mobile devices
- Top mobile devices, according to Consumer Reports
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Fodor's reveals best summer weekend getaways
- Barbra Streisand speaks out on treatment of women in Israel
- Mad Libs keep people laughing after six decades
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Obesity a disease, says American Medical Association