Watch: Customer's kick thwarts 7-Eleven robber
A still from the surveillance video of the customer kicking the knife from the robber's hand at an Orlando 7-Eleven store. (CBS/WFTV)
(CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - Authorities say a quick-thinking customer kicked a knife out of a robber's hands and chased him out of an Orlando convenience store.
The Good Samaritan's actions helped thwart a robbery at a south Orlando 7-Eleven early Thursday. But police say the suspect got away with some cash, CBS News affiliate station WKMG reports.
Surveillance video showed a man with a white bandana covering his face pointing the knife at the clerk and demanding cash.
That's when the customer grabbed a bottle of wine off the shelf and confronted the robber.
Police say other customers were inside the store at the time of the robbery. No one was injured.
It was not immediately known how much cash was stolen.
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Delta CEO talks travel headaches
- Regis Philbin on Weiner: "He's got a lot of guts...and chest"
- Gold prices plummet: What does it mean?
- Vietnam War-era films unearthed: man attempts to reunite families with their films
- High-tech, high fitness: Can gadgets enhance your workout?