Watch: Bus driver falls out of seat, crashes bus
(CBS News) There's stunning video out of Indianapolis of a school bus driver falling out of his seat and losing control of the vehicle.
He is seen desperately trying to hang onto the steering wheel as the bus crashes through a fence, trees and a play set before hitting a garage. The driver eventually let go and tumbled down the bus' steps.
CBS News affiliate Indianapolis station WISH-TV reports the 73-year-old bus driver, Jack Thomas, wasn't wearing his seat belt. The video shows him thrown out of his seat during a bumpy turn, then struggling in vain to hang on to the steering wheel and control the bus.
Thomas was cited for not wearing his seat belt. No one was hurt in the accident.
The date of the crash has not been reported, but the channel reported no children were riding in the bus at the time.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Geist: Parkinson's revelation "very difficult"
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Immigration reform: Lawmakers say tentative deal reached