Preview: Inside the world's quietest room
CBS News correspondent Jeff Glor is seen in the world's quietest room, the Anechoic Chamber at Orfield Laboratories. (CBS News)
What is it about the room that makes it so silent?
It's so quiet, in fact that it can be disorienting and causes some to experience hallucinations.
The longest anyone has stayed inside with the lights off is 45 minutes, so we locked CBS News correspondent Jeff Glor in to see if he could handle it.
To see his full report, tune in to "CBS This Morning," Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Delta CEO talks travel headaches
- Regis Philbin on Weiner: "He's got a lot of guts...and chest"
- Gold prices plummet: What does it mean?
- Vietnam War-era films unearthed: man attempts to reunite families with their films
- High-tech, high fitness: Can gadgets enhance your workout?