Babe Ruth jersey sells for over $4 million
(CBS News) The Great Bambino made one of the headlines from around the globe Monday.
Though dead for over 60 years, baseball's George Herman "Babe" Ruth can still break records.
The New York Post reports the Yankees jersey he wore in 1920 sold for $4.4 million at auction.
That's the most anyone's every paid for a piece of sports memorabilia.
The buyer remains anonymous.
Ruth is #3 all time in career home runs behind Barry Bonds and Hank Aaron.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- A peek "Behind the Candelabra"
- THE Dish: Chef Sara Moulton's DET burgers
- Elisabeth Rohm discusses her struggle with infertility
- The rise and fall of the classic station wagon
- Schieffer: You can't just declare war on terror over
- Did British intel try to recruit London attack suspect?
- Liberace talks his style in 1985 "Nightwatch" interview
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher