Emily Blunt: From "Prada" to "Salmon Fishing"
(CBS News) Emily Blunt probably first caught your attention in the film version of "The Devil Wears Prada." Blunt now stars in the new CBS Films romantic comedy-drama, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen."
Blunt plays a London marketing executive who meets Ewan McGregor's character -- a famous angler -- when an Arab sheik proposes stocking the Yemeni river with salmon from the British Isles.
Saying yes to this project was easy for Blunt. She loved the script after the first 30 pages.
"It was incredibly fresh writing," she said on "CBS this Morning." "I read a lot of scripts where I feel like... you're reading the same movie over and over again. And this one kind of leapt away from the crowd of these generic scripts."
She praises McGregor, calling him "funny and warm" and "one of the most generous actors you can work with." This is the first time the two actors have worked together.
And what about the film's not-so-catchy title?
"You know, I think they thought about other generic titles like 'Swimming Upstream,'" Blunt said of the film's unusual title. "But, the film is so surprising and original. And it is about salmon fishing in the Yemen."
She said any other title would've "cheezified it."
To see the full interview with Emily Blunt, click on the video in the player above.
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- BASE jumper rides snowmobile off cliff to honor dead friend
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Former POWs reunite after 40 years
- Liberace talks his style in 1985 "Nightwatch" interview
- Calif. pols push for law to make reckless pay price of rescue
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- London attack novel in its simple brutality
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Schieffer: You can't just declare war on terror over
- Eye Opener: Bridge collapse makes for holiday travel mess
- Extra: Okla. dog owner and dog Bowser reunited