THE Dish: Scott Conant's savory Spiced Duck
Scott joined "CBS This Morning: Saturday" with his ultimate dish: Spiced Duck with Lentils, Cotechino, Butternut Squash and Apple Mostarda
Besides his chef's hat, Scott wears many others -- he's a cookbook author and TV personality. But while he's got a lot on his plate, he's most widely known as the motivating force behind the Scarpetta brand.
Scott's love affair with food began when he was young -- he started cooking classes at age 11, and later attended the Culinary Institute of America, according to his official bio. After graduating, he studied pastry in Munich, Germany. He then came to New York City to work as a sous chef at San Domenico (a New York Times three-star-rated restaurant).
Scott has penned two cookbooks: "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking" in 2005, and "Bold Italian" in 2008.
SPICED DUCK WITH LENTILS, COTECHINO, BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE MOSTARDA
FALL DUCK SPICE MIX
- 8pc Cinnamon
- 2T Coriander
- 2T Fennel
- 1T Cumin
- 1T Anise (not star anise)
- 2t Chili Flake
1. Toast all together
2. Place in blender and grind to powder
1 Box lentils
3C Shallots Sliced
1-1/2 C Carrots, Diced
1-1/2 C Celery, Diced
Brown Chicken Stock
4cl Garlic cloves
Sachet of thyme and rosemary
1T Duck Spice
2. Add remaining ingredients and cover with brown chicken stock
3. Slowly simmer till lentils are cooked.
4. Then reduce adding more brown chicken if necessary till sticky.
5. Finish with a little of the duck spice
For more, go to Page 2.
- School children among Okla. tornado casualties
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Elementary schools packed with kids sat in tornado's path
- Oklahoma tornadoes: Is 2013 worse than 1999?
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm
- Why can't Oklahoma residents build tornado shelters?
- Stories of survival: Victims on how they weathered Okla. twister
- Mother on reunion with son: I'm amazed he's alive
- Photographer on tornado: By far the most destructive
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- Tornado aftermath: "It's raining pieces of houses"
- Could better weather tech predict tornadoes earlier?
- Moore mayor: Six neighborhoods now "nothing but slabs"