Ten Ways to Get Insanely Motivated.
My previous post "Seven Rules for Keeping Motivated" has turned out to be one the most popular I've ever posted. So I'm going to share a little more of the wisdom of Omar Periu, one of the world's best known motivational speakers. According to our conversation, here are ten ways that he keeps himself motivated:
- Condition your mind. Train yourself to think positive thoughts.
- Condition your body.
It takes physical energy to take action.
- Avoid negative people. Don't take anything that they say seriously.
- Always remain flexible.
No plan should be cast in concrete.
- Act with a higher purpose.
If it doesn't serve your goal, it's wasted effort.
- Take responsibility for your own results.
Don't credit luck, good or bad.
- Stretch past your limits on a daily basis. That's how you grow and evolve.
- Don't wait for perfection; do it now!
Perfection's the enemy of good enough.
- Be careful of what you eat.
It takes physical energy to succeed.
- Hang around motivated people. The positive energy will rub off on you.
Note: while I was energizing myself in this way, I was propelled to do something that I'd been putting off for years. A phone call and two emails later and I had resold the rights to one of my out-of-print books. I'll now end up with about $10,000 in additional royalties for writing I did nearly 20 years ago -- all because I motivated myself to do a little extra.
I'll bet there are some calls that you could make -- but aren't -- or connections you could develop -- but aren't, all for the lack of a little extra motivation. If you'll take this list seriously, and make living it into part of your daily routine, I can practically guarantee that you'll quickly push your career -- and your ability to sell -- up to the next level.
Motivation is the ultimate root of success. Especially in sales.
To get even more pumped up, try:
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Reports: Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1B
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas