Incredible concept: Alfa Romeo C12 GTS
(CBS News) Turns out the Batmobile is available in cherry red. This menacing concept car comes from Dutch design firm Ugur Sahin. Called the Alfa Romeo C12 GTS, the concept is for a twelve-cylinder front-engine supercar. It's a vision of sharp lines, killer curves and huge horsepower.
Alfa Romeo 12C GTS
"One of the main features of the design is the way its stance is shaped." The company says in a press release. As a whole it gives you the impression of 'forward-movement' even while standing still. The iconic Alfa Romeo Grille hosts the center of the organic lines which flow towards the back and around the car with minimum distraction and maximum visual impact. The way the front is designed consists of two different shape compositions to make the face of the car sporty and aggressive, yet so appealing."
Ugur Sahin is a Turkish designer who has been making waves ever since Top Marques Monaco, a luxury car show, where his design firm unveiled the Soleil Anadi - another high-concept speed machine that will actually see production.
The C12 is not likely to get such a release. But we can dream. Or at least check out the gorgeous pictures. There's even a video.
- Video of Volkswagen concept "Hover Car"
- American flying car soars in test flight
- The Sea Lion: the world's fastest amphibious car
- BMW recalls 1.3 million cars for battery issue
- Jeep Liberty recall reaches nearly 347,000 vehicles
- Video: Dutch flying car takes maiden flight
- Fast cars, flying cars at NY Auto Show
- Jeep Wrangler "Dragon" concept revealed at Beijing
- New Ford Fusion focuses on driver assist systems
- Video: 2013 Ford Escape's extreme liftgate testing
- Cars shredding snow in stylish Latvian clip
- Fisker Atlantic unveiled at New York Auto show
- Turkmen president wins nation's 1st car race
- Study: Hybrid car owners unlikely to buy another
- Feds expand investigation of Jeep Wrangler fires
- New law mandates black boxes in all cars by 2015