BMW Zagato Coupe: a stylish German/Italian blend
(CBS News) BMW is a company already known for their style. So when the German carmaker teamed up with Italian couture car designer Zagato to redesign the body and cabin of a Z4, you can expect the results to be impressive. The BMW Zagato Coupe will be showcased at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este, an exclusive automotive show held on the shores of Lake Como in Italy.
Zagato is an "automotive coach-builder." The company surfaced last year when they partnered with Aston Martin for the V12 Zagato, a limited-run model that sold for $527,000.
The BMW Zagato Coupe looks in some ways like a mini version of the Aston Martin, although it retains some signature BMW design elements. The BMW kidney grille retains its shape, but gets inset with little Zs. The front end of the car has a downward cast, similar to the Aston Martin. The sides are heavily sculpted and the fenders gain more prominence over the production Z4.
The BMW Zagato is not available for purchase, the car was designed purely as a demonstration of Zagato's capabilities.
- Video of Volkswagen concept "Hover Car"
- American flying car soars in test flight
- Video: Dutch flying car takes maiden flight
- Chery @Ant hints at future of "road trains"
- New law mandates black boxes in all cars by 2015
- Jeep Liberty recall reaches nearly 347,000 vehicles
- Jeep Wrangler "Dragon" concept revealed at Beijing
- AAA: Cost of driving slightly higher in 2012
- BMW recalls 1.3 million cars for battery issue
- Cars shredding snow in stylish Latvian clip
- Fisker Atlantic unveiled at New York Auto show
- Turkmen president wins nation's 1st car race
- Study: Hybrid car owners unlikely to buy another
- Feds expand investigation of Jeep Wrangler fires
- Your Ride Is Here: exotic cars for cancer patients
- Lamborghini Urus unveiled at Beijing Auto Show