New 2013 Ford F-150 gets minor facelift
(CBS News) Slow and steady wins the race; and when you're already in the lead, the steadier the better. Ford is taking that logic with the new 2013 F-150 line of pickup trucks, which the company unveiled this morning. The top-selling pick-up trucks are getting minor overhauls for the new season, including a new grill and new options under the hood.
The 2013 Ford F-150 also comes with high-intensity discharge headlamps as an option, as well as additional 18- and 20-inch wheel choices. The front grill was changed to more closely resemble its sister vehicle, the Super Duty.
Incremental changes are all part of Ford's strategy to keep the venerable F-series fresh. Last year, the company overhauled its powertrain options for the F-150, offering two V6 options. That change has paid off, with more than half of all F-150s sold in the past 12 months running a V6.
"Like our hardworking customers, Ford is committed to getting the job done right with our industry-leading trucks," said Mark Fields, Ford president of The Americas, in a press release. "The 2013 F-150 demonstrates our commitment to continuously improving our trucks with new features and capabilities, allowing F-Series owners to be increasingly productive."
- Video of Volkswagen concept "Hover Car"
- American flying car soars in test flight
- Jeep Liberty recall reaches nearly 347,000 vehicles
- Alfa Romeo 4C coming to US sooner than expected
- BMW recalls 1.3 million cars for battery issue
- Shelby releases doctored photos for new Mustang
- New law mandates black boxes in all cars by 2015
- Police to auction $1.6 million Ferrari in Dubai
- Huge demand forces Jeep plant to skip summer break
- Germans working on "intelligent tires" for winter
- Honda to make walking obsolete with the Uni-Cub
- California 9/11 license plate fund raided for deficit
- New 2013 Ford F-150 gets minor facelift
- Honda Fit EV receives EPA's highest MPG rating ever
- Video: China's elite Super Car Club
- BMW i8 concept shows off powerful sports hybrid