Robb Report names Lamborghini Aventador best luxury car
(CBS News) The "Robb Report" is America's finest "luxury lifestyle" magazine: by rich people, for rich people. Their annual "Best of the Best" issue is a peek into what the movers and shakers of the world think is fashionable, innovative and worthy of your time and (lots and lots of) money. In the car category, the "Robb Report" chose the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 as the best driving machine of 2012.
It's not much of a surprise that the Aventador is the magazine's best of the best. The "Robb Report" previously crowned the Lamborghini as 2012's car of the year in February. The 700-horsepower speedster was hailed as "a triumphant milestone that meets its design purpose and fulfills a concept that others have been unable to realize."
At $390,000 it's even cheap - compared to some other items in the ultra-luxury magazine.
If you'd prefer to go topless, the "Robb Report" suggests the Ferrari 458 Spider. In the sedan category, the BMW M5 took the prize. The Land Rover Range Rover Evoque won out in the SUV category.
- Video of Volkswagen concept "Hover Car"
- American flying car soars in test flight
- Jeep Liberty recall reaches nearly 347,000 vehicles
- New law mandates black boxes in all cars by 2015
- Alfa Romeo 4C coming to US sooner than expected
- Study: Hybrid car owners unlikely to buy another
- Feds expand investigation of Jeep Wrangler fires
- The Sea Lion: the world's fastest amphibious car
- Video: 2013 Ford Escape's extreme liftgate testing
- Chevrolet playing ball with Manchester United
- GM, Ford squabble over towing capacity ratings
- BMW recalls 1.3 million cars for battery issue
- Video: Dutch flying car takes maiden flight
- Ferdinand Porsche, designer of 911, dies at age 76
- Jeep Wrangler "Dragon" concept revealed at Beijing
- Police to auction $1.6 million Ferrari in Dubai