MasterCard doubles its dividend
David Cannon/Getty Images
PURCHASE, N.Y. MasterCard is doubling its quarterly dividend to 60 cents per share and says its board approved the repurchase of up to $2 billion of its common stock.
MasterCard Inc., which is based in Purchase, N.Y., said Tuesday that the increased quarterly dividend will be paid on May 9 to shareholders of record on April 9.
The credit card company says that its new buyback will become effective once it completes its $1.5 billion repurchase program. MasterCard had about $440 million remaining under that repurchase program as of Jan. 25.
Its shares rose $6.26, or 1.2 percent, to $520.49 in premarket trading.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- My company is ending OT pay, but not OT work
- Help! My boss is promoting the wrong person