Average student? You could win $5,000 scholarship
(MoneyWatch) Are you just an average student who feels utterly unqualified to win a college scholarship? Perhaps you are a "C" college student. Maybe you spend a lot of time playing video games in your dorm room. Like a lot of college students, you may skip more classes than you should. Maybe you are hung over right now.
Take heart. Being an underachiever could help you win a $5,000 scholarship.
Here is CollegeHumor's explanation for its new scholarship contest:
Why is it that there are tons of scholarships for academically excellent students, tons of scholarships for academically challenged students and not a damn thing for the majority of the students in the middle? We don't know, either. That's why CollegeHumor is going to give 2 lucky average students $5,000 just for being themselves.
Did you sign up for 3 clubs but never attend meetings? Is your GPA a 2.1? Would some of your professors have a hard time remembering if you were in their class? If so, enter now! We hope you're not exceptional.
The contest asks applicants to upload photos and videos that "highlight your averageness." Click on this College Humor link to apply. And good luck, I guess.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Forbes names most powerful women 2013 10 Photos
- Student loan defaults rising despite a way out
- Rent the cake? Unusual tips to cut your wedding bill
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco