GM to unveil remodeled pick-ups
Bill Pugliano/Getty Images
DETROIT General Motors (GM) is giving its pickup trucks a much-needed makeover.
The company is unveiling new versions of its top-selling Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra on Thursday. The 2014 models will go on sale by early spring or late summer. And they roll into a market where truck sales are growing after a five-year slump.
- GM venture in China plans $1 billion auto plant
- GM to buy Ally Financial assets for $4.25 billion
- Made in USA: 5 of the best cars built here
The timing is good: GM's current models are looking dated and sales are slowing.
The new Silverado and Sierra are a little sleeker than the current models. Gas mileage and prices are not being announced Thursday.
The new trucks come with a choice of three revamped engines: a V-6 that can tow a substantial trailer, and two V-8s.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- The Donald prevails in fraud suit
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- Turn off Windows 8 with one click