Ford recalls Fiesta subcompact for air bag problem
DETROIT - Ford (F) is recalling more than 154,000 Fiesta subcompacts to fix a problem with the side air bags.
The company says that if the front passenger seat is empty, the side air bag won't inflate to protect rear-seat passengers in some crashes.
25 coolest cars at the Paris Auto Show
Ford says it doesn't know of any crashes or injuries linked to the problem.
The recall affects Fiestas from the 2011 through 2013 model years. They were built in Mexico from Nov. 3, 2009 to Sept. 21, 2012.
Dealers will reprogram the computer that controls the side air bag so it inflates even if no one is in the front passenger seat. The repair will be done for free.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Lawmakers say Apple dodged billions in taxes
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Yahoo buys blogging site Tumblr for $1.1 billion
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco