Ford challenges Lexus with new Lincoln
The 2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 liter gas electric hybrid is displayed, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at the New York International Auto Show. / AP Photo/Mark Lennihan
(AP) DETROIT - Ford (F) is taking aim at Lexus with a new Lincoln luxury sedan that goes on sale this fall.
The Lincoln MKZ will start at $35,925. That is $175 less than the Lexus ES 350. Ford will also offer a hybrid version of the MKZ at the same price. The hybrid version of the Lexus costs $2,750 more.
The MKZ is a critical car for Ford, which is trying to revamp the Lincoln brand after years of neglect. It's the first in a string of new Lincolns that will reach dealerships over the next three years.
Ford first revealed the new MKZ midsize car in January, but didn't announce the price until now.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Why geniuses don't have jobs
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Chrysler expected to make Jeep recall refusal official
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- NSA-style spying has been around for years
- Stocks surge on latest hopes for Fed
- Chrysler continues its refusal to issue a Jeep recall