Honda recalls 172,000 U.S. vehicles to fix doors
(AP) DETROIT - Honda is recalling 172,200 small SUVs and cars in the U.S. because the doors may not close.
The recall affects 166,000 CR-V SUVs from the 2012 model year and 6,200 Acura ILX small luxury cars from the 2013 model year.
Honda says that if the inside driver or passenger door handles are used at the same time as the power or manual door locks, the inner door latch may not work. This means a door may not latch, or it could latch and open when the locks are used.
The company says no crashes injuries have been reported because of the problem.
Honda says dealers will inspect the cars and fix them if needed. Owners should get letters from the company starting in mid-August.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Ellen DeGeneres buys Brad Pitt's Malibu home
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign