Real Housewife Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice will be hosting an auction of her most cherished possessions - but you'll have to pony up a $300 refundable deposit (to keep out gawkers).
The auction is not for charity, though. The Giudices are in real trouble financially and they've got to raise cash any way they can.
Giudice and her husband, Joe, filed for bankruptcy last October in the face of $11 million in debt from failed real estate ventures.
According to CNN, the Giudices were accused of "undervaluing items listed as personal property exempt from the bankruptcy filing, including a pool table ($1,000) and even their wedding bands ($400)."
In addition to selling off some of her inessentials to get their finances in order, Mrs. Guidice is trying to expand her acting and dancing career to bring in more money.
With a role in the off-Broadway musical "My Big, Gay, Italian Wedding", a possible spot on Dancing With the Stars and a new commercial for Jersey-based Sizzle Tans her career is booming while her finances are faltering.
There have been rumors that the bank has moved to foreclose on the Giudices' $1.8 million, 10,500-square-foot, eight-bedroom, 5-and-a-half-bath mansion in Towaco, NJ, but the bronzed beauty said she wouldn't be leaving any time soon. Possession is, as always, nine-tenths of the law.
Giudice took to Twitter saying, "Huge news correction. I'm telling you guys first and directly--My House is not for sale."
So you might not be able to buy the house at the big auction on August 22, but you could walk away with a grand piano, some lovely chandeliers, a Panasonic LCD TV, or a suit of Armour.
If you do buy something, be sure to let me know - and include a photo.
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Dr. Phil's House For Sale in Beverly Hills
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Finally Sell Their Starter Home
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Can't Sell Their House Either
- Joan Rivers House Looks Better Than She Does
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 11 Kitchen And Bath Trends For 2010
- Who Bought Hugh Hefner And Playboy Wife Kim's House For $18 Million?
- What Can You Buy For $950,000?
- What Can You Buy For $625,000?
- What Can You Buy For $250,000?
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Student loan defaults rising despite a way out
- Forbes names most powerful women 2013 10 Photos
- Rent the cake? Unusual tips to cut your wedding bill
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- How to organize your job hunt
- Top five 529 college plans