Valpak wants to put coupons in cars
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. The company that sends you blue envelopes filled with coupons also wants you to save money while you're driving.
Valpak is partnering with Roximity, a Denver-based app developer, to bring coupons and deals to drivers of newer Fords and Lincolns who use the voice-controlled Sync AppLink connected to their mobile phone.
The app allows drivers to hear about personalized deals from nearby stores, restaurants and other businesses as they drive. The "coupon" is on the driver's phone and can be redeemed once the car is stopped.
Valpak is based in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Kate and Will: Nurseries fit for royalty
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Ellen DeGeneres buys Brad Pitt's Malibu home