Chipotle Mexican Grill to expand catering service
DENVER Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) is adding catering service.
The Denver-based chain says its catering service will be available in Colorado starting Monday and will roll out to all of its markets in coming months.
- Chipotle stock gets big chill on growth worries
- McDonald's to expand testing of "Mighty Wings"
- Wendy's moves past "99 cents" with new value menu
Chipotle already has been selling mix-and-match "burritos by the box" for smaller catering orders. But the catering service is designed to feed 20 to 200 people, with each person able to customize their meals, much as they would at a Chipotle restaurant.
To kick off the service, Colorado customers who order catering for at least 20 people for Super Bowl Sunday on Feb. 3 can redeem their receipts for two free entrees by Feb. 28. Catering customers who return their serving stands also can receive a free entree for later.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Reports: Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1B
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas