Dropbox offers crack at online storage -- for life
(MoneyWatch) How would you like the opportunity to get a massive 100GB of cloud storage from Dropbox? It's one of the prizes being awarded at what the hosting service firm calls Dropquest.
Dropbox debuted this unusual promotion last year. It's online scavenger hunt essentially consisting of a series of online puzzles that, when solved, make clever Dropbox users eligible for a host of prizes. This year's Dropquest is more of the same -- if you enjoy difficult mental challenges, you could win one of these prizes:
- 1st place (1 awarded): 100 GB for life, along with swag like a Dropbox employee hoodie and limited edition Dropbox Hack Week t-shirt
- 2nd place (10 awarded): 20 GB for life, Dropbox employee hoodie, and Dropbox t-shirt
- 3rd place (15 awarded): 5GB for life and a Dropbox t-shirt
- 4th place (50 awarded): 2 GB for life
- 5th place (100 awarded): 1 GB for life
Finally, if you simply complete the quest, you're guaranteed 1GB of additional storage.
Obviously, this isn't for everyone, but if you love a good puzzle and wouldn't mind some extra storage space, head over to Dropquest now. The contest runs now through June 2.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- My company is ending OT pay, but not OT work
- Help! My boss is promoting the wrong person