Get up to 32GB of Dropbox storage for free
(MoneyWatch) Dropbox has always been the place to go for lots of free storage. True, SkyDrive offers 25GB for free, without any additional hassle, and Box offers 50GB of space for certain users. But Dropbox is our overall favorite for its blend of free space and elegant usability.
Dropbox has long awarded 250MB of additional space for every colleague or friend whom you successfully refer. If you have enough friends, that adds up. Now Dropbox has upped the ante, literally, with 500MB per referral.
To take advantage of the offer, just visit Dropbox and click on the get free space link at the top of the page. Invite people by mail, Twitter, or Facebook. When your referral signs up and installs the Dropbox client software on their PC, your Dropbox account gets an immediate storage bump in the amount of 500MB.
As a consequence of this new offer, Dropbox has also increased the maximum space you get for free -- now that total sits at a whopping 32GB.
With this kind of online storage space, you can stop carrying a USB memory stick around and rely entirely on the cloud.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Lawmakers say Apple dodged billions in taxes
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Top five 529 college plans
- Kate and Will: Nurseries fit for royalty