Uninstall Windows Apps with Ease with Revo Uninstaller
How to put this kindly... Windows' built-in uninstaller sucks. It's slow. It's buried in the Control Panel. It doesn't always remove all traces of the program. Oh, and let's not forget that sometimes it flat out refuses to remove entries at all. That's why I'm a huge fan of Revo Uninstaller, a faster, more effective, and more versatile tool.
The program analyzes each program before and after removing it, thus allowing you to remove leftover files, Registry keys, and the like. It also includes a startup manager and tools for cleaning out junk files, browser history, and more. An updated version, 1.60, was just released, promising faster scanning and an improved user interface.
Revo Uninstaller is free. It's compatible with Windows 2000 and later, including Vista. Because I use it only sporadically, it didn't make my recent list of five freeware gems I use every day. But it's definitely a freeware gem.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks 117 Comments
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Online learning gets fresh look from a heavyweight
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case