How to write a resume
In the midst of the toughest job market in a generation, employers are so overwhelmed with applicants that they will take any reason to toss your resume into the recycling bin. So don't give 'em any. In addition to avoiding these seven guaranteed resume killers, check out this expert advice on how to write a resume.
We asked Greg Garrison, president of recruiting for VCFO, a national professional services firm based in Austin, Texas, to critique the resume of a 40-something woman looking for a job in merchandising. Roll your mouse over the highlighted sections to learn from his suggestions.
Interactive graphic designed by Jacky Myint.
More on MoneyWatch:
Ultimate Job Security Guide What Not to Do: 7 Ways to Ruin Your Resume
5 New Rules for Job Security
@InterviewGoofs on Twitter
Video: Job Interview Tips
How to Ace the New Job Interview
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Forbes names most powerful women 2013 10 Photos
- GM recalling 27K Cadillac SUVs; Regulators: Wheels can fall off
- Student debt repayment options offer hope
- Student loan defaults rising despite a way out
- Turn off Windows 8 with one click
- Rent the cake? Unusual tips to cut your wedding bill