Make Your Meetings Matter
There's nothing worse than attending a boring, unnecessary meeting — except, of course, presiding over one. With our step-by-step guide to better meetings, you can make every team get-together a success. We studied clever companies like Yahoo!, Wal-Mart, and Ritz-Carlton to learn the creative meeting techniques they use to maximize motivation and minimize wasted time. We also examined the challenges of long-distance meetings to bring you 10 tips for better teleconferences. And to cover you in the event of a staff meltdown, we consulted the experts on what do to when a meeting goes bad.
Update: Bert Decker, a communications expert, also gives you practical tips and advice to improve your meetings in this new video, Make Your Meetings Matter.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Meat labels getting facelift under new USDA rules
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Help! My boss is promoting the wrong person