The Science of Tweeting | BTalk
(Episode 438; 11 minutes 36) There are two types of Tweeter: those who use Twitter just to communicate with friends and those who see it as a networking tool, primarily for business. If you're in the latter category you'll want your tweets to be spread far and wide. That means attracting a wide following and having your messages re-tweeted to an even wider audience.
Dan Zarrella, author of The Social Media Marketing Book, has studied the millions of tweets to see what drives people to re-tweet. As you'll hear it's a lot to do with what you say, how you say it and when you say it. There is some invaluable information for anyone trying to make the most of this viral mechanism.
Have a listen to the podcast and then tweet a link to it, ideally late in the afternoon!
Popular on MoneyWatch
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- My company is ending OT pay, but not OT work
- Help! My boss is promoting the wrong person