Nokia apologizes for video gaffe
(AP) HELSINKI - A Nokia commercial showcasing the photo and video functions of its latest smartphone has turned into a blurry episode for the cellphone maker.
Part of the ad, which shows a woman on a bicycle, gives the viewer the impression of watching her through the lens of the new Lumia 920, which features image stabilizing functions.
But a reflection in a window shows she's in fact being filmed from a van by someone holding a video camera.
Nokia apologized on its official blog Thursday "for the confusion we created."
The ad was shown Wednesday in New York at Nokia's launch of the Lumia 920 and another smartphone that uses Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Phone 8 software.
Nokia's dark night of the market
Fitch downgrades Nokia debt rating to junk
Nokia's turnaround hopes come to focus with new Lumia phones
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Yahoo buys blogging site Tumblr for $1.1 billion
- Fired for violating an unwritten policy
- Student loans -- public or private?
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco