AMR board to study merger option
DALLAS Directors of the parent company of American Airlines likely won't make a decision when they meet to consider a possible merger with US Airways (LCC).
The meeting is Wednesday.
Fort Worth-based AMR Corp. is working to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed in November 2011.
People familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that AMR and US Airways Group Inc. have been talking about a potential merger since late summer but have not agreed on price, ownership share or who'd run the company. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks are confidential.
An AMR spokesman says he's not expecting any news this week regarding strategic alternatives.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Reports: Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1B
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas