Hostess expects to split up snack cakes in sale
NEW YORK Twinkies, Wonder Bread and Devil Dogs are likely to return to shelves in coming months, but probably not under the same owners.
Last shipment of Hostess Twinkies
Hostess Brands Inc. said in bankruptcy court Friday that it's narrowing down the bids it received for its brands and expects to sell off its snack cakes and bread brands such as Wonder to separate buyers.
An investment banker for the company said a likely suitor has emerged to buy the namesake Hostess brand, which include Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos, along with Dolly Madison, which includes Zingers and Coffee Cakes. He said a separate bidder has emerged as a possible buyer for Drake's cakes, which includes Devil Dogs and Yodels.
Hostess, based in Irving, Texas, began shuttering its operations late last month.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Bernanke sends stocks, bonds skittering
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Why geniuses don't have jobs
- Bernanke holds the line on Fed monetary policy
- Microsoft slashes Surface prices to lure buyers
- Have you mastered the art of listening?
- Look who doesn't deserve financial aid at NYU
- Fed says it will continue $85B in bond purchases