Got Sauvignon? Amazon.com starts selling wine
NEW YORK Amazon.com (AMZN) has added wine to the long list of products it sells through its online marketplace.
Amazon.com Inc. said Thursday that it will ship wine to 12 states and Washington DC from its new storefront. The world's largest online retailer says shipping up to six bottles will cost $10.
The Seattle-based company says it is offering more than 1,000 wines from wineries around the U.S. The prices range from less than $10 to more than $100.
With Amazon Wine, the retailer is competing with online wine sellers such as Wine.com, as well as with traditional brick-and-mortar wine sellers.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Snapple co-founder Leonard Marsh dies at 80
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- How Bernanke's testimony affects investors
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks
- Help! My boss is promoting the wrong person
- My company is ending OT pay, but not OT work