7 economic nightmares for Obama's 2nd term
(Moneywatch) The drawback to winning a presidential election is you are stuck with the job. The economic situation confronting President Barack Obama at the start of his second term is light-years ahead of the one he faced when he first took office, but that doesn't mean it's all sunshine on the horizon. In fact, there are challenges ahead which, if they break the wrong way, could make all of us nostalgic for the good old days of 2008.
Nearly all of these problems are out of the president's power to stop or even slow down because they aren't happening in the U.S. They range from the collapse of the European Union to a massive slowdown in China and more.
- Can Wall St. mend its rift with President Obama?
- What's causing gas shortages in the Northeast?
- After Sandy, allegations of price gouging
Here's a look at seven worst-case economic scenarios that are worrying more than a few well-informed observers.
- no previous page
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks 117 Comments
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze