AT&T sees fewer new customers in third quarter
NEW YORK The flow of customers into AT&T's (T) wireless stores slowed further in the latest quarter, putting the company far behind rival Verizon Wireless.
AT&T's quarterly net income was $3.64 billion, or 63 cents per share. That's flat with $3.62 billion, or 61 cents per share, a year earlier.
For the latest quarter, analysts expected earnings of 60 cents per share.
Revenue was also flat with last year at $31.5 billion - analysts expected $31.57 billion.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Bernanke sends stocks, bonds skittering
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Why geniuses don't have jobs
- Bernanke holds the line on Fed monetary policy
- Microsoft slashes Surface prices to lure buyers
- Have you mastered the art of listening?
- Look who doesn't deserve financial aid at NYU
- Fed says it will continue $85B in bond purchases