Kraft scares up "Candy Corn Oreos"
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Here's a scary snack for trick-or-treaters: Candy Corn Oreos.
Kraft Foods (KFT) says it's introducing its famous wafer cookie in a candy corn flavor ahead of the Halloween season. The cookies will be available exclusively at Target (TGT) stores and retail for $3.59 for a package.
Oreo is one of Kraft's most popular snack brands. The company adapts the black-and-white cookie for different markets - such as fruity flavors in China - and produces limited-edition versions. It sold Birthday Cake Oreos earlier this year to celebrate the brand's 100th anniversary.
The cookies are expected to hit shelves Sept. 10.
Kraft Foods transferring listing to Nasdaq
Kraft shareholders give "Mondelez" thumbs up
Kraft expects long-term growth at new food company
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Forbes names most powerful women 2013 10 Photos
- Student loan defaults rising despite a way out
- Rent the cake? Unusual tips to cut your wedding bill
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Fed uncertainty extinguishes rally