Coty plans to raise $700M in its IPO
(AP) NEW YORK - Coty Inc. plans to raise $700 million in an initial public offering after dropping a $10.7 billion takeover bid for its much larger rival, Avon.
The New York beauty products maker said in a regulatory filing Friday that its stock will list under the "COTY" ticker symbol, but did not specify yet whether it would be on the Nasdaq or the New York Stock Exchange.
The company did not give an estimated price range for the stock or disclose how many shares selling stockholders would offer. Coty said it won't receive any proceeds from shares sold by selling stockholders.
Last month Coty abandoned its bid for Avon Products Inc. after the struggling makeup company did not immediately accept a revised offer worth 6.5 percent more than its first.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- Reports: Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1B
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 5 reasons you didn't get hired
- 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco