Best Buy creates committee to search for new CEO
/ Getty Images(CBS/AP) MINNEAPOLIS — Best Buy Co. ( BBY) says it is creating a search committee to find a CEO to replace Brian Dunn, who abruptly resigned Tuesday.
The struggling consumer electronics chain says the committee will run a global search that will look at internal and external candidates. Interim CEO Mike Mikan will be among those considered for the job.
The search could take up to nine months.
Dunn resigned after the retailer launched an internal investigation into his "personal conduct." He was a 28-year company veteran who had been head of Best Buy since 2009.
Best Buy CEO's exit linked to 'personal conduct'
The company has not given any specific on the circumstances surrounding the investigation of Dunn.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Top five 529 college plans
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Apple's Cook says company doesn't use "tax gimmicks" 65 Comments
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Making your smartphone battery last longer
- In complex world, investing should be simple