Brightcove shares charge out of the gate
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Brightcove's (BCOV) shares are surging in their first day of trading on the Nasdaq exchange on Friday.
The company, which provides cloud-based computing services, raised $55 million in an initial public offering. It priced 5 million shares at $11 each, within its expected range of $10 to $12 for each share.
Brightcove plans to use the proceeds to repay debt and operate its business.
The Cambrige, Mass., company's main product lets customers publish and distribute video to Internet-connected devices. It had nearly 3,900 customers at the end of 2011.
Shares are up $3.84, or nearly 35 percent, to $14.89 in afternoon trading.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Amy's Baking Company could face legal 'nightmare'
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas
- When it comes to vacations, the U.S. stinks 117 Comments
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- TGI Fridays nailed for doctoring booze