The 10 Biggest Lies Ever Told in Advertising
10. Bayer: "Vitamins prevent cancer"
Bayer was sued in a class action complaint last year after running TV and radio ads that suggested one of the ingredients in its One A Day vitamin supplement brand prevents prostate cancer. Vitamins, obviously, don't fight cancer. Bayer eventually paid a fine and signed a legal agreement banning it from claiming vitamins cure cancer last year.
Next: Willie Horton?
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- What homeowners should do before - and after - a tornado
- Top five 529 college plans
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Apple's Cook says company doesn't use "tax gimmicks"
- How to organize your job hunt
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths