The 10 Biggest Lies Ever Told in Advertising
2. Debi Mazar: "I lost 60 pounds in 10 weeks"
The Belly Burner belt will not make you lose 60 pounds in 10 weeks, not matter what Entourage star Debi Mazar says. That's six pounds of lost weight per week -- it's physically impossible. Mazar fails to say whether part of that 60 pounds included the baby she was carrying before decided she wanted to take off her post-partum weight gain. There are thousands of misleading diet and exercise ads out there and this one isn't particularly special, it's just that these misleading claims don't usually involve stars of the caliber of Mazar.
Next: The doctors who endorsed smoking?
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Powerball: What to do if you won
- Facebook's rocky year as a public company
- Fired for violating an unwritten policy