Classic Koch: Remembering a New York legend
"What a great city! Very few of them like this. In fact, there's none." That's Ed Koch from a profile on 60 Minutes, talking about the city where he was born and raised -- and then served as mayor for three terms.
Mayor Koch -- as much a part of New York City as a pastrami on rye -- died today at age 88. On 60 Minutes Overtime, we remember the mayor with a few clips from our 1978 profile of the quotable Koch.
- Drug traffickers' vehicle of choice
- Martorano: I'm a "government witness" not a "rat"
- Soccer academy La Masia: A model for the U.S.?
- Sagrada Familia: The construction zone tour
- How a SEAL's whisper saved the bin Laden raid
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- What was in Osama bin Laden's closet?
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Exploring the depths of Dean's Blue Hole
- How affirmative action divides two justices
- 1993: Mike Wallace reports on ER docs
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- A surprise interview, explained
- Google pays tribute to Maurice Sendak
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test