Adam Sandler's old roomie days with Judd Apatow
In Anderson Cooper's 60 Minutes story on Judd Apatow, we were delighted to see a brief interview with Apatow's old roomie: Adam Sandler. But when we checked out the raw tape, we realized that the two old friends were generous with their time and their memories -- and we couldn't resist posting more from that interview. Above, for 60 Minutes Overtime, is an extended excerpt from that conversation. It's a rare window into the life of struggling young comics, for whom sharing a sheetless mattress (with Stephen Colbert!) isn't unusual, Red Lobster is a fancy night out, and every SNL appearance could be your last.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- 60 Minutes' funniest moments with Adele
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Wigand: 60 Minutes' Most Famous Whistleblower
- Is your child fair when no one is watching?