Behind the scenes with Michigan football
60 Minutes producer Draggan Mihailovich talks about his story on college football
This week on Overtime, we take you behind-the-scenes at the University of Michigan, one of the schools producer Draggan Mihailovich followed for his 60 Minutes report on the fervor, tradition, and business model behind college football.
"One thing that struck me was just how professional everything has become," said Mihailovich. "The attention to detail, how organized everything was-- you felt like you were really part of a business."
And for the players, playing college ball means being managed like a full-time employee. In the above video, you'll see behind-the-scenes footage from the Michigan locker room, practice field, and mess hall. You'll hear from star quarterback Denard Robinson on why college football has become a year-round job.
And you'll hear from athletic director Dave Brandon on the craziest request he's ever received from a rabid Michigan fan.
If you're a college football fan and you watched Draggan Mihailovich's 60 Minutes report on the business model behind the sport, we want to hear from you. What did you think of the story?
- Drug traffickers' vehicle of choice
- Soccer academy La Masia: A model for the U.S.?
- Martorano: I'm a "government witness" not a "rat"
- Sagrada Familia: The construction zone tour
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- How a SEAL's whisper saved the bin Laden raid
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Ravi Shankar's daughter, Norah Jones, on dad's "genius"
- "Searching for Sugar Man" wins Oscar
- A chess prodigy explains how his mind works
- Exploring the depths of Dean's Blue Hole
- 1993: Mike Wallace reports on ER docs
- Filming mountain climber Alex Honnold