LeBron James: Still chasing that NBA ring
All of South Beach is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that the Miami Heat have overcome the pesky Boston Celtics to advance to the NBA Finals. And no one's probably happier than LeBron James.
It looked like another chapter in the book of "Collapse" was being written when LeBron and company allowed the Celtics back from the dead to take a 3-2 series lead in the Eastern Conference championships. Then LeBron stepped up mightily in game six, scoring 45 points and pulling down 15 rebounds to square things up and bring a game seven back to Miami.
Game Seven was all Heat, as Boston ran out of shots and gas and looked their age, losing 101-88. LeBron led the way with 31 points and 12 rebounds, setting up a showdown now with the new kid in town, Kevin Durant.
The Finals tip-off Tuesday night in Oklahoma City. I see that a lot of "experts" are picking the Thunder. Some of those "experts" might just be "LeBron haters" in disguise. Take a look at Steve Kroft's interview with LeBron (below), which originally aired in March of 2009, while LeBron was still welcome in Cleveland. Then tell us who you pick: Miami or Oklahoma City? I'm going with Miami. And I must know what I'm talking about because I was certain Boston was going to win.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Taylor Swift: 7 ways boyfriends make you sad
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin back together
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview