Meet the kids who were paid to drop out
If you're considering dropping out of school, here are five kids you should meet. These drop outs aren't stoners, slackers, or malcontents. These ambitious kids dropped out of colleges like Harvard and Princeton to pursue their own interests and dreams of entrepreneurship. And venture capitalist Peter Thiel, profiled by 60 Minutes this week, is paying them to do it!
What do you think? Are these drop-outs getting short-changed by missing their formative college years? Or do you think they have a chance at the Zuckerberg-style success?
- Soccer academy La Masia: A model for the U.S.?
- Martorano: I'm a "government witness" not a "rat"
- Drug traffickers' vehicle of choice
- Sagrada Familia: The construction zone tour
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- How a SEAL's whisper saved the bin Laden raid
- "Searching for Sugar Man" wins Oscar
- Exploring the depths of Dean's Blue Hole
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Filming mountain climber Alex Honnold
- Ravi Shankar's daughter, Norah Jones, on dad's "genius"
- How affirmative action divides two justices
- Did she really just say that? Xin on democracy