Sugar and kids: The toxic truth
Last April, Dr. Sanjay Gupta reported on new research coming out of some of America's most respected institutions, which find that sugar -- the way it's being consumed by Americans today -- is a toxin. And it could be the driving force behind some of this country's leading killers, including heart disease.
We at Overtime couldn't believe our ears when we heard this report. We knew sugar was bad, but a "toxin"? We give our kids that stuff!
We weren't quite sure how to apply the new science in the 60 Minutes report to the challenges of everyday family life, so we sat down with Dr. Sanjay Gupta for some practical advice. Both a doctor and a father of three, Dr. Gupta offers his take on how a typical American family should think about the sugar in their diet.
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin back together
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Did she really just say that? Xin on democracy
- Jake: Hanging out with a teenage Einstein
- From soldier to mad scientist: Kit Parker's lab
- Modern-day Robin Hood inspired by 60 Minutes report
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- "Searching for Sugar Man" wins Oscar
- Who is Sue Mengers? Watch this 1975 interview
- A chess prodigy explains how his mind works
- Roger Waters: Why I left Pink Floyd
- Morley Safer's infamous 1993 art story