Sugar and kids: The toxic truth
Last April, Dr. Sanjay Gupta reported on new research coming out of some of America's most respected institutions, which find that sugar -- the way it's being consumed by Americans today -- is a toxin. And it could be the driving force behind some of this country's leading killers, including heart disease.
We at Overtime couldn't believe our ears when we heard this report. We knew sugar was bad, but a "toxin"? We give our kids that stuff!
We weren't quite sure how to apply the new science in the 60 Minutes report to the challenges of everyday family life, so we sat down with Dr. Sanjay Gupta for some practical advice. Both a doctor and a father of three, Dr. Gupta offers his take on how a typical American family should think about the sugar in their diet.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- 60 Minutes' funniest moments with Adele
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Wigand: 60 Minutes' Most Famous Whistleblower
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Interviews with Kony's child soldiers