Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
Are you one of those people who never forgets a face? If so, you might be a "super recognizer."
In March on 60 Minutes, we met Jennifer Jarett, a "super recognizer" who described her remarkable ability to Lesley Stahl and aced a "super-recognizer" test called "The Before They Were Famous" test.
If you think you might be a "super recognizer," we're going to give you a chance to find out. In the above video, you'll be going head to head with Jennifer on a test prepared by 60 Minutes. Let us know how you did in the comments section below!
The opposite of a "super recognizer" is someone who's "face blind." Face Blindness is the main subject of Lesley's 60 Minutes report this week, and sufferers cannot recognize or identify faces-- even those of their children or spouses. Many people don't even know they have the condition.
If you think you might be face blind, there are other tests you can take to help diagnose the problem, including the following test prepared by 60 Minutes.
Do you have trouble recognizing faces?
If you suspect you might be "face blind," here's a test that may provide an answer.
- Drug traffickers' vehicle of choice
- Martorano: I'm a "government witness" not a "rat"
- Soccer academy La Masia: A model for the U.S.?
- Sagrada Familia: The construction zone tour
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- How a SEAL's whisper saved the bin Laden raid
- A chess prodigy explains how his mind works
- A surprise interview, explained
- Ravi Shankar's daughter, Norah Jones, on dad's "genius"
- Did she really just say that? Xin on democracy
- Filming mountain climber Alex Honnold
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- 1993: Mike Wallace reports on ER docs