Lara Logan's backstage adventure with Aerosmith
What's Steven Tyler's drink of choice on the road? Nevermind what it used to be. These days, he drinks a daily dose of organic vegetable puree that, according to 60 Minutes producer John Hamlin, "looked like gunk out of someone's drain."
Now that Tyler and his Aerosmith bandmates are in their 60s, these famously debauched rock stars have apparently turned to self-preservation. Better late than never. But Lara Logan, who profiled the band for our broadcast this week, couldn't help but feel that she'd missed out on some of the fun: "I'm here for the organic Aerosmith? Are you kiddin' me? Where's the Tequila Aerosmith?"
But some things never change. Bandmates Tyler and Joe Perry still bicker like brothers. And Steven Tyler is still outrageously entertaining, as you'll see in the second video feature Overtime produced about Aerosmith last March.
What's your take on these aging rockers? Is it time to hang it up and focus on being good grandfathers?
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- The ONE thing to know about your credit report
- Roger Waters: Why I left Pink Floyd
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana